Friday, September 3, 2010

Witches - EEEEEK


My swap card from the new 2010/2011 Idea Book & Catalog at our monthly demonstrator meeting was using the new stamp set "Wicked Cool". I really LOVE this set. I used a couple of new things out of the new Holiday Mini Catalog on this as well.
First of all I stamped the bats on the bottom of the new Crumb Cake Cardstock (formerly Kraft) using VersaMark. I added a strip of Basic Black cardstock on the middle section of the card and wrapped a piece of Pumpkin Pie 1/8" taffeta ribbon around it before attaching to the Crumb Cake. I took a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and stamped the spider web from the Wicked Cool stamp set, then using the NEW FUN Spider Web Textured empressions Embossing folder (120889) I ran my whisper white cardstock through the big shot to get an impressed spider web. On a piece of scrap paper I stamped the hat the cute witches shoes in Basic Black classic ink and colored in with a pumpkin pie marker. Then I "tediously" cut out the shoes and attached both the hat and shoes with dimensions for that 3D effect. Do you see the fun stuff on the right side? That's our new Basic Black Waffle paper. It comes in a set with Early Espresso (120985). I cut off a strip about an inch wide, then after attaching some sticky strip to the side of the whisper white, I gathered the waffle paper onto the sticky strip leaving a little black ruffle on the side. It's so much fun to use. Waffle paper also comes in Silver and Gold (120984) as shown on page 21 of the Holiday Mini.
To finish off my card I stamped the greeting in Basic Black ink on Pumpkin Pie cardstock and punched out with the Large Oval Punch. I layered that piece onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock and added a few black brads and attached to the edge of the card using dimensionals.
Do you like????? My group did, it won first place in the swap contest!!

No comments: