Friday, September 17, 2010

French Foliage

I think I'm in LOVE.......... I love lots of stamp sets I purchase, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE French Folage showin in the 2010 Holiday Mini Catalog on page 14 (120845-wood/ 121166-clear)...
I have already used it on a number of cards, some of which I have already shown you. I think these leaves are so true to life it looks like I stamped using a "real" leaf in my yard. I have a few other ideas for this that I'll show you, maybe tomorrow.
I needed a birthday card for my brother, so came up with this using the new French Foliage stamp set. I pretty much used the idea for the placement of the stamps on the sample in the Mini Catalog, but I put the rest of the card together myself; using the new Autumn Spice cardstock, Pear Pizzazz cardstock and Very Vanilla cardstock. After I stamped the piece of Very Vanilla with all the leaves and other embellishments, I used the Log Cabin Smooch Spritz for added interest.
I loved how this turned out so I also decided to use for my September club. Most of the girls ordered it as well as the Cajun Craze cardstock...... It's such a lovely color and even richer than the Really Rust that just retired. Cherry Cobbler looks great next to Cajun Craze so to give it a little more oomph, I used the Cherry Cobbler brads for dimension and interest. Don't you love it????

No comments: