Thursday, September 23, 2010

Husband's Birthday


My husband's birthday is today!!!! I made him a card using the Autumn Spice Designers Series paper. It's so masculine and "heavy". I ran the top of my So Saffron Cardstock through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice embossing folder for some extra texture. I cut the cardstock for the bottom and attached two strips (old olive and cajun craze) of cardstock and punch them both with the Pinking Hearts border punch and layered them all together then onto the card base of So Saffron.
Then using my 1 1/4" circle punch, I punched out one of the flowery images from the Autumn Spice designer series paper and another circle from Old Olive usng the 1 3/8" Circle Punch and the another piece of the Autumn Spice designer series paper using the new 2 3/8" Scallop Punch. I spritzed the big scallop circle and wadded it up for texture and using my Cutter Kit I scraped up the edges of the other two circles. I took my Crop-a-Dile and punched a hole in the center of the circles after they were adhered together and inserted a Jumbo Brad and a Rhinestone Brad in the middle and adhered to the card with dimensionals. The greeting was made using the word window punch and then using the Modern Label punch around the Word Window leaving the center open. Then I stamped the Birthday Wishes onto a piece of DSP and punched out again with the Modern Label punch and attached the two together. To make the Cajun Craze border at each end, I punched some Cajun Craze cardstock with the Modern Label punch, cut it in half and attached on each end. I inserted a couple small Rhinestone Brads on each end and attached to the card with dimensionals. Hope he likes it...... but better yet he's going to be happy to go shopping for a new Yard Blower since his old one died!!! Not only that, but we get to close on our re-finance tomorrow, saving us bookoo bucks!!! Yea!!!
Have a Happy Thursday!!!!!

1 comment:

JulieA said...

Nice card! I bet he loved it. I'm so sad that I'm going to miss you at Regionals!