Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Christmas Ornament

One of my friends (Linda) had some round glass pieces with a hole at the top, perfect for an ornament and asked if I wanted to find something we could do with it. The glass pieces have a beveled edge making it even prettier than just a plain circle. I used one of the snowflakes from the Snowflake Set #2 and ran it through my Big Shot using a piece of a Decor Element sheet so it would stick onto the glass tightly. Since the snowflakes are "sizzlets" I had to add a couple pieces of cardstock to shim it up more in order for the die to cut the Decor Element Sheet. I attached the negative part of the cutout to the back of the glass and make sure it was tight around the image.
Then I used some glass etching cream and applied in all directions to the image and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then I washed the cream off the image and pulled off the element sheet.
I attached a piece of 1/8" Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon and tied another piece around the top of the ornament in a little bow.
I think this turned out pretty cute!! Thanks, Linda!!

1 comment:

JulieA said...

Oh, how pretty! What a wonderful think to have a circular piece of glass handed to you with that and know just what you could create with it. You clever girl, you!