Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Brick Wall

Today, Splitcoast Stampers had a new technique I hadn't seen before.... so I watched Beate's video and loved it, so I decided to make my own. I really love how this turned out; I'm still trying to decide if this is too time consuming for a class; I know my girls would LOVE doing this.
I used the Kind & Caring thoughts stamp set, stamped it once in Basic Black Classic Ink on some retired designer series paper, then using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped it again "just" beside the original stamp in Versamark and embossed it with black embossing powder. that turned out well..... so I continued ha. As Beate instructed, I used my cutter and cut horizontally every one-half inch... then I took each strip and on the first, I cut 1" until the end which was 1/2". Then on the alternate strip (second) I started with 1/2" and the rest were 1" , so when I attached to my cardstock base, I was able to attach as if they were bricks. Before I actually attached, I sponged all the edges of "each" piece to make them look older and distressed. I started attaching all the "bricks" in the order they were stamped, leaving out a few of the "unstamped" bricks along the way. Then I layered each brick leaving a "very" small space between each side and top and bottom, but giving a feel and look of texture. I then layered that onto other cardstock layers and attached to my basic card base. I tied a piece of black 1/4" grosgrain ribbon just above my greeting for a little added bling.
In real life, the stamped image is gorgeous. I hope you like this!!!! It was so fun and satisfying to make. If you try this, leave me a link so I can see what you came up with!!
Thanks for looking and have a Wonderful Thursday.

4 comments:

JulieA said...

That looks like a LOT of work! Beautiful card, Janet!

Holly said...

Sooooo pretty. . . . love the monochromatic look.

Cindy Groh said...

Love this card. Fabulous job:)
http://www.cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ymibituze.digitalzones.com/alajub.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich