Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sympathy



One of my friends and fellow stampers lost their mother last week. I came across this really cute Sympathy Card today.... I changed some of the paper... I actually used some of the "flocked" paper from the Christmas Cocoa paper and sponged on some Bashful Blue chalk onto the "flocking". I liked how it turned out as it accepted the chalk so well. One of my favorite stamp sets is the Pocket Silhouettes, but I haven't used it much. I used it here, along with the Sympathy greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. Another thing I haven't done before is tie a bow with the ribbon and then tie more ribbon around the first bow and tie another bow around that. I think that really turned out cute. It's always so hard to make Sympathy cards that are nice, uplifting and certainly not depressing. I still haven't purchased Sympathy Stamp sets yet, even though I keep meaning to.... so when the time comes up I'm really at a loss as to what to make. I hope she enjoys this card.

1 comment:

JulieA said...

Very nice. I love the soothing colors. I'm sorry you had need of a sympathy card. Hope your friend finds comfort through this card.