Saturday, December 12, 2009

Digital Greeting Card

Wow, I've been absent for a very long time..... I wish I could say it's because I've been Christmas Shopping and getting ready for the holidays; however, that wouldn't be correct... I still have most of it to do yet.... Procrastination seems to be my middle name lately. I spent my day deciding what I wanted to pre-order from the new Occasions Mini Catalog and Celebration Catalog as well as the new 12 Days of Christmas Promotion. I couldn't pass up the savings on the new promotion to purchase more dies for my Big Shot. I can't believe how much I actually ordered today from all of the above and now I'm so excited to get all my new goodies and play with them. You will all be able to order from the catalogs on January 5th..... I'm thinking you will be as excited as I am when you see all the really fun new stamp sets and especially the accessories and products.
After I was through breaking the bank, I decided to play with My Digital Studio for a while as I never seem to have enough time to do what I really want with it. I haven't made a project that I've sent to be professionally printed yet, so I'm trying it with the card I have to show you today. I'm only ordering one until I see how it looks when it comes back. This is such a great idea for mass production cards... maybe a future Christmas card project. I still want to make a small scrapbook for my daughters showing their boys playing baseball this summer. I need to have some time to sit down and put them together. I think it will be a really great keepsake, not only for them but for the boys as well. When I get to it, I will show you some of the pages from those projects.
Now on to my card today, I used some of the Night and Day Designer Series Paper, and the bird from Always. I used lots of different stamp sets; it's so much fun with all the stamps, accessories, designer series papers, punches etc. that's included in My Digital Studio. Since the software was available for purchase I think there have been 3 new downloads of more stamps and papers than what came with the program. You really have to have this Software, not only for your scrapbooking, but for cards as well. One of these days, I'm also going to try to make my own Blog Banner with the program.....


So, what do you think? Didn't this turn out great?
I'm excited to get the printed card back in the mail to see how it looks in real life!!!














1 comment:

Diane Noble said...

It's gorgeous. And I can guarantee you will LOVE it when it arrives. Very high quality! This is just a beautiful design. I'm so glad they put the Night and Day paper in as a digital item. Love it! Very pretty card. Oh, I do hope you'll show us the real one when you get it. It will make a great comparison!