Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Gifts and Sale-a-bration

My son lives in California and is an avid surfer.... Not only that, but in the beginning of December my daughter went to Seattle for a business education class and my son made a trip up there when she was through with the classes to spend the weekend exploring around Seattle and they took a really cute picture of themselves. My son played with the photo and made it black and white which I thought was really attractive and it gave me the idea to make a frame for the picture using our Night & day Designer Series Paper and give it to him for Christmas. It was so fun and easy to make. I had some wooden frames from Michaels laying around so I painted one white to begin with. When it was dry, I attached some Night & Day DSP on the front using our Tombow Multi-Purpose Glue. Using my Big Shot and the Flower Daisy #2 Die I cut out 4-5 medium and 4-5 small daisies in both black and white, then layered them all together then inserted a Build-a-Brad with a 1/2" circle from another piece of the Night & Day DSP attached to it. Using a Pop-Up glue dot, I attached the whole daisy piece to the bottom right side of the frame. I tied a 1/4" black grosgrain ribbon around the frame at the top left. I also cut out a piece from our window sheets to act like glass in a frame to help protect the photo underneath. Using a retired rub-on from the Anchored set, I adhered the one that says "families anchor us together" which seemed so perfect. I really liked how it turned out and he actually said how much he liked it as well.



Like I mentioned above, he lives for surfing when he isn't working... in fact travels around the world surfing on beaches in other countries. When I first saw this stamp when the new 2009/2010 Idea Book & Catalog came out I knew I had to have it (just for him). I thought this would also be a fun Christmas gift so I did the "stampin on candle" technique. I stamped the image of the surfer on tissue paper with versamark, then embossed with black embossing powder. Then I cut around the image and held it onto the candle using wax paper and heating with the Heat Tool until the tissue paper melted into the candle. You have to be careful not to heat too much or you will melt the candle too much and ruin it. When I was through, I re-packaged the candle in all the plastic and ribbons that it originally came in and sent to him along with the frame and of course some other fun things. Didn't it turn out awesome?





Don't forget, beginning tomorrow morning 1-5-2010 you can purchase products from the new Occasions Mini Catalog AND the Sale-a-Bration Catalog. For every $50.00 you spend you can choose an item (including one of the new punches) as well as stamps, paper OR you can choose any one of the specified stamps from the Big Idea Book and catalog!!!! So for the first time you have way more to choose from.... who doesn't like FREE STUFF!!!!

If you hold your own workshop with at least $300 in sales, you can earn a free Sale-a-Bration product in addition to the hostess stamp set AND a minimum of $15.00 of free merchandise. If you take it one step further and join my Stampin' UP! group during Sale-A-Bration, you can choose a free stamp set from the idea book & Catalog valued up to $47.95.

One of the items for purchase isn't in the new Occasions Mini catalog, it came out as a separate flyer. Check out how fun this is. Using the Full Heart Punch you can punch out and insert one of the new heart shaped treat cups and use this really cute stamp set for your valentines this year.
You can call me or order your products directly online from my Stampin' Up! website http://www.janetelam.stampinup.net/ and click on "shop now".
Just in case you didn't know after you get to this point there are also clearance items at reduced prices you can order!!!
Go to my website and click on "products" to view the mini catalog and the Sale-a-Bration catalog as they were late getting sent from Stampin' UP! You should get yours soon, but if not, let me know. Also if you don't currently have a Stampin' Up Demonstrator, let me know and I'll send you the catalogs for free.

1 comment:

Heidi Davenport said...

BEAUTIFUL! I am loving that frame. It is amazing!