Sunday, January 24, 2010

Birthday Gift


One of my friends and co-worker is not only retiring at the end of this month, but she's having a VERY BIG birthday on Monday. I thought of several things I could buy her that she'd like but then I decided that maybe what she'd like more is something I made myself. I had demonstrated something similar to our stamping group a couple of years ago, and had purchased several bottles like what you will see to hold Bath Salts. Not long ago, I bought a LARGE bag of bath salts, but hadn't used them yet..... they are lavendar colored and scented and have little black things in it that look like an herb.... probably that's what it is, huh? Anyway, I thought that this would be a fun gift to make and give to her.
I used the Bloomin Beautiful Stamp set, stamped the flower with StazOn Black Ink, then colored the flower with Pale Plum and Perfect Plum inks and the leaves and stem with Certainly Celery and Old Olive, using both colors to add dimension. I cut out the flower and using my Tombow glue, I adhered it to the bottle. Then I used a long piece of White Taffeta Ribbon and tied a bow around the neck of the bottle, then using Mini Glue dots, I attached the tendrils of the ribbon in several places down the sides of the bottle in loose folds. I stamped the words from the Charming Stamp Set in Perfect Plum and the flower image from the same set in Pale Plum, then punched out the image using the Small Tag Punch and then punched a larger piece with the Large Tag Punch out of Pale Plum card stock. I adhered the two together then punched a small hole at the top using the 1/16" hole punch and using some Linen thread, I tied the tag onto the ribbon. I thought this turned out pretty nice. I hope she likes it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I started to get real money.
It gets down to select a proper companion who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the income with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]