Sunday, January 31, 2010

Not New but Oh So Cute!!!

I am so excited about the Mini Milk Carton Die Cut..... There are so many things you can create out of it other than milk cartons. I love birdhouses and there are a lot of other birdhouses shown in other blogs; but I haven't seen one with "EGGS" yet :) I'm actually waiting for the Easter season to get the little jelly bird eggs , but in the meantime I had some Malted Milk eggs I put in my house. I also have some nesting stuff, but it seems to have migrated to the bottom because you won't see any; there's lots in there, but the weight of the Malted Milk balls are holding them down.
Since the top has a roof on it, I made a place on the bottom of the milk carton to open to get the candy out. I used the Word Window Punch and the Horizontal Slot punch to make this happen. I did have to cut a little more than half of one of the bottom tabs to make this work.
My birdhouse is made with Barely Banana cardstock and I also used the Close to Cocoa cardstock for the roof after running it through the Big Shot using one of the texture plates. I punched a hole in the front of the birdhouse with the 1" circle punch and attached a piece of window sheet so I could fill it with candy.
I sponged some of the Soft Suede ink on the edges of the Barely Banana cardstock to give it some dimension and age and I also sponged chocolate chip ink on the Close to Cocoa roof for some highlighting. the bird and branch were cut from the NEW Extra Large Two-Step Bird punch (117191). The punch is soooo fun and versatile. I tried sponging some Pumpkin Pie ink on his belly so he would sort of look like a robin; not sure I accomplished that; anyway I don't think robins nest in birdhouses :)
I hope you all have an extraordinary Monday!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin to get income with a money that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]