Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Holiday Mini Catalog is UNVEILED

WOH, can you believe it's been a month since I've blogged???? Now I have lots of things I want to share, clear back to Convention!!!! We all had such a blast and I had such great roomies... three of us shared a room so I shared a bed with one of the other girls. It was so hot in the room on the first night (well I thought it was), so I slept outside the covers most of the night, but in the morning I got cold; I'm sure lots of you know what I'm talking about, so I reached over for the covers and my gosh, I had a really hard time getting them unstuck...... but FINALLY I had them under control and started to warm up again. Well, in the morning my roomie said I reached clear across her and was pulling the covers off of her. She said she hung on to them the best she could but decided that if I wanted them that badly, she was going to let me have them!!!! Of course that's when I got warm. We laughed about that the whole time we were at convention and I'm sure she was worried every night after that I would do it again. I don't think I did; anyway she didn't say I did.
One of the first things I want to share with you is that the new HOLIDAY MINI CATALOG is out and I'm sure most of you have received your copy by now, but if you didn't I put it at the top of my blog and you can click on the catalog to open it up. Oh my gosh, you will be so excited
about all the new fun things unveiled..... The Sweet Centers Stamp set is so much fun and the Sweet Treat Cups to use with the set is so fun. I have already made several birthday cards with the Hot Air Balloon stamp and it has been a hit!! My club is going to get to make a fun Halloween card with this set next week. Stampin' Up! is also selling the Sweet Treat Padded Envelopes to send these cards in the mail. You need to also check out the gorgeous Designer Series Papers; the Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper on page 21 has several pages that are flocked (the top 2 shown on page), they are so gorgeous and feel so soft and exotic. The really cute Delightful Decorations stamp set matches the "NEW" Ornament punch. You don't need to cut them out, just punch them - Yay! Also, you can punch out the shape and put on the special rub-ons, shown on pagef 25, for a different look or saying. For those of you with Big Shots or if you don't have them yet, you will want to get one because not only is the new Christmas Tree die fun, but Stampin' Up! has partnered with BUILD A BEAR and there are dies for the bear and clothes... You can see all of these dies on pages 35 & 37. Your kids and grandkids will think you are the best if you present them with a card or scrapbook page designed with these bears; aren't they cute???? Of course the stamp sets shown on pages 34 and 36 are also really cute and fun to color. One of the BIGGEST new products is the "MY DIGITAL STUDIO" presented on pages 38 and 39. Even though these are shown in the new catalog, they won't be available for purchase until 10-1-09. The really exciting thing about this is that you can download Stampin' Up! stamps, accessories, papers, etc. to put on your scrapbook pages and cards. We watched the demonstrators at convention present this product and it's so exciting. The other really good thing is that after you purchase this product there updates available as they are presented to the rest of us in "stamps". There were a number of demonstrators sitting around me at convention that commented they have digital software for cards and scrapbooking, but they are difficult to manage and use; but they said after watching the demonstration that this product was so easy to get around in compared to what they already had. If you have any questions about this product, let me know.
Would you like to see a couple of the swap cards I made to share with others at convention? It's more fun that reading, huh?

This card is made from the KIND AND CARING THOUGHTS which is a Level 3 Hostess Set and I also used the CIRCLE CIRCUS stamp set for the background on the Rich Razzleberry cardstock. I used the Soft Suede and the Rich Razzleberry cardstock; the rich Razzleberry ink and the Rich Razzleberry 1/2" polka dot grograin ribbon. This is actually the first card I made. The ones I took to Convention, I dry embossed the Soft Suede cardstock with one of the Texture Plates and my Big Shot.




This next card was really fun to make. The stamp set is the new LOTS OF BOTS. On this card, I used the new Crushed Curry Cardstock, some 1/2" Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon and some Designer Series Paper from the Razzleberry Lemonade set. I used my new Scallop Square punch and new Modern Label Punch as well as the Scallop Edge and Word Window Punches..

I have lots more to share with you so keep checking my blog ..........

No comments: