Sunday, September 20, 2009

Halloween Treat Box

I saw several blogs today making these really cute Treat Boxes. They are so fun and simple to make. One really cute box made as a witches hat was made by Carrie Rhoades http://www.carriestamps.com/ Check out her site as she has a tutorial showing how it's put together. My box is a different size than hers, which for me was easier as I decided to make these special treats for my Stamping Class tomorrow night. My measurements are 4" X 8" and then the rest was the same as Carrie's instructions. By using the size I chose, you can get 4 boxes from one sheet of 12" X 12" cardstock or designer series paper. I think they turned out cute; I hope my girls like them tomorrow!!!!
Now I'm thinking about making some of these for the people in my office; they should get a kick out of them.
I decorated mine with the Frog Stamp from "Halloween Hoot" (111582). I colored in the frog with an Old Olive Marker and colored in the star on his hit with a Summer Sun marker. I stamped the "Free Kisses" next to the Frog which is also from the Halloween Hoot Stamp Set. I punched out the frog using my 1 1/4" Circle Punch, then I layered it on an Old Olive Scallop Circle. When I tied the ribbon at the top of the box, I stamped out the words "Trick or Treat, Scary & Sweet" and punched it out using the Scallop Square Punch. The Stamp is from the new Grateful Greeting stamp set (116511) in the Holiday Mini Catalog. I love this set; it's so versatile for all the holidays as there are greetings for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Valentines Day. I know this set is going to get a lot of use from me.

1 comment:

carrie rhoades said...

You are so sweet. Thanks for the shout out!! I love those triangle boxes, so easy! Love the frog on there!!!
Hugs
Carrie