Sunday, September 27, 2009

Build a Bear.....

I received my Beary Best Friends and Beary Nice Wishes the other day so I had time to play today. These stamps are so Darling... I'm going to have fun with them.
The first card with the little Girl Bear, I used Chocolate Chip cardstock and mounted Regal Rose cardstock ontop with some Tall Tales Designer Series Paper at the bottom. I took a 1" strip of Close to Cocoa cardstock and ran it through my Big Shot using the Finial Press Textured Impressions and and tied some Close to Cocoa ribbon around it and attached it to the card base at the top of the DSP; then I took a smaller piece of ribbon and tied around the existing ribbon and tied it into a knot. I stamped my missy bear image on a piece of watercolor paper and colored her in using Close to Cocoa, Regal Rose and Rose Red Classic Inks using my Aqua Painter. Using some Bordering Blue classic ink, I also colored around her giving her some dimension. I stamped the string from the balloon onto her hand. Then on another piece of watercolor paper, I stamped the balloon and cut it out attaching it to the top of the string using dimensionals. The greeting is from the Beary Nice Wishes set, which I stamped on Whisper White cardstock and punched out using the Modern Label Punch. I also punched another piece using the Modern Label Punch and Close to Cocoa cardstock, which I cut in half and adhered to the back of each end.
The second card, I used To The Nines Designer Series Paper as the card base. I also used the backside of this same paper and cut a 2" strip and another strip of Ruby Red cardstock, punching one side out using the Scallop Edge Punch. I tied some red taffeta ribbon around it before adhering it to the card base. I stamped the Mr. Bear on some watercolor paper using StazOn and watercolored using Close to Cocoa, Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy and Ruby Red classic inks. I stamped the bear on some designer series paper from the Christmas Cocoa package and cut out the shirt portion and glued it onto the bear. Again, using Bordering Blue, I colored around the bear giving it some dimension. I then stamped the birthday hat and the gift sack on some watercolor paper, coloring them in using classic inks and my Aqua Painter. The hat was cut out and attached to the bear with dimensionals. I cut around the bear's paw and cut out the inside of the handle from the gift sack; then I slipped the sack over the bear's paw. I adhered the watercolor paper to a piece of Ruby Red cardstock then attached to the card base using dimensionals. The greeting "Happy Bearthday" is from the Beary Nice Wishes. Instead of stamping in a line like the stamp is, I used my Basic Black marker and colored each word separately, cleaning between stamps so I could stamp on a smaller area. I punched out the words using the large Oval Punch, then I punched out a Scalloped Oval from the Ruby Red Cardstock, cut it in half and adhered the greeting over the scalloped oval piece, attaching it to the card base.
Yesterday I treated my husband (surprised him) with a train ride that had a western theme. Tomorrow I will show you some photos of that really fun trip.

1 comment:

JulieA said...

Very adorable, Janet!!! Love those little bears. I especially love your idea of just using a strip in the finial press folder and popping the balloon and hat up over the edge of the cardstock!