Sunday, January 9, 2011

Vintage Valentine

Remember all the old valentines we used to see using all kinds of lace and things? It's been a
long time since we've made or seen them like our grandmothers used to have.
I started out with Real Red Cardstock for the base and attached a sheet of Very Vanilla over that. Then using some Blushing Bride cardstock, I first ran it through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder (117335). Then I inked up my Lots of Love Letterpress (120983) with Real Red Craft Ink and again ran it through the Big Shot impressing the Love image into the cardstock.
Then I stamped the girl image from Greeting Card Kids (120633) on Watercolor Paper using black StazOn ink. Using watercolor crayons, I colored the girl, then punch out using the Wide Oval Punch (1198590. I put sticky strip on the back edge, then attached some Victoria Crochet trim gathering it as I went around. I attached her with dimensionals. I stamped the "L is for Love" from the Grateful Greetings stamp set (116511) on Real Red cardstock then punched out with the Full Heart Punch (119883) sponged real read classic ink on the edges then used the distressing tool from the Cutter Kit and roughed up the edges. I punched two small holes at the bottom of the heart, then I stamped the "4 you " from the Tiny Tags set (118592) and a portion of the heart from the Sweetheart stamp set (120780) and stamped them on whisper white cardstock. Then I punched the words out with the Medium Jewelry Tag punch (117190), poked a hole through the top and threaded linen thread through the tag and the hole in the heart and attached to the card front using dimensionals.
Have a Wonderful Day

No comments: