Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sponging Art



I watched a video that Kristina Werner made sponging over die cuts. I thought it was such a great and fun idea. No card would be alike. I ran several pieces of scraps using my die cuts through my Big Shot and attached to my whisper white cardstock using a temporary adhesive so they could be removed easily. I layed the die cuts where I wanted them on the cardstock, then using my Perfect Plum classic stampin pad and a sponge I began to sponge the entire piece until I was happy with the color. Then I pulled all the pieces off and wah-la..... this is what I got. I love it. I also ran some designer series paper through the Big Shot using my butterfly die and sponged lightly around the edges using the perfect plum ink. I attached to my sponged piece using mini glue-dots then adhered a couple of small half pearls to the top. In the middle of one of the die cuts, I attached a button from the button bouquet with a rhinestone brad through the center again, using mini glue-dots.
I attached this finished piece onto some Elegant Eggplant cardstock, then onto the Baja Breeze card base. Notice the front of the card base is cut shorter on the front side...... I then used a scrap of the Perfect Plum cardstock and punched the edge using the Scallop Edge punch. When I was ready to attach it, I put snail on the top of the front edge of the scalloped piece and laid it on the inside of the card base, lining up with the bottom edge. Then I closed the top over the punched edge and it attached itself to the back of the top portion.
If you watch any of Kristina Werner's videos or see her cards, she actually writes on her cards instead of using stamps. If you know anything about her, her handwriting is so great that when she was working at Stampin' Up some of the handwriting greetings were of her handwriting..... anyway, with my sloppy handwriting, I actually wrote on this card. What's great is that it's so not in a straight line..... sort of like my stamping lol.
I thought this turned out really cute; I'm anxious to try some more sponging over die cuts; there are so many different designs to use. Why don't you try it and send me what you come up with; I would love to see them.

1 comment: