Sunday, April 18, 2010

Have you Heard???????

Stampin' UP! announced they are making a new COLOR RENOVATION starting with the new catalog to be launched in July. I'm so excited about the new colors and some of the Old Colors COMING BACK!! There are five BRAND NEW colors that will be part of the Core Group of Colors and Color Families and there will also be five more NEW IN COLORS announced next month. Stampin' UP! also announced that the IN COLORS will now be available for two years instead of just one!!! Yay. Now we can get more use out of the supplies we purchase.



Here's a look at the New Color Core:




Here's a look at the colors that are retiring. You'll want to be sure to stock up on the cardstock, markers, stampin' pads and re-inkers for your favorite colors as they will ONLY BE AVAILABLE UNTIL THE END OF JUNE, 2010.




I know it seems a little daunting, but the five brand new core colors are definitely going to be some of my favorites; they're just the right shades. You will notice that several of this year's In-Colors will now be part of the new COLOR CORE and aren't you glad to see that Riding Hood Red is in as well?????



This is going to be such a FUN FRESH year. I can't wait to go to Convention in July to see what else they are and will be unveiling and the new products that will be available.

Anyway, back to cards.......our group of demonstrators had our monthly meeting this month and Carrie Rhoades did five demonstrations of ideas for us to use; she always has such fun, fantastic ideas. I was able to take pictures, so I will post them as I go along this next week. We also had card swap among us and the one I'm going to show you first is mine.
I used Ruby Red Cardstock for my base (one of the Retiring Colors) attached a strip of bashful blue tafetta ribbon from the top to the bottom edge, then layered Always Artichoke and Bashful Blue on top of that after roughing up the edges with my Cutter Kit. I used Soft Suede for my top image and stamped the floral image from Vintage Vogue on the top and bottom with Soft Suede ink after "stamping off" once so the image wasn't too bright. Stampin' UP! has a new Smooch Spritzer which you will see in the new Summer Mini Catalog.... the Spritzers come in a Gold Glow, Silver Foil, Vanilla Shimmer and Log Cabin colors. For this I used the Gold Glow and put in my Color Catcher (also new in the Summer Mini) and spritzed the cardstock "just a little". You can't see very well in the picture, but if you make it bigger I think you'll see the shimmer. Also in Soft Suede I stamped "Wonderful Mother" from the Well Scripted stamp set. I tore off the bottom corner then sponged all around the card using Soft Suede. Before I attached the top piece; I wiped the Soft Suede Ink Pad on the corner of the Bashful Blue giving it that "aged" look. After attaching the top piece; I cut the Butterfly from Vanilla Cardstock using my Big Shot and the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die. Using Black Staze-On, I stamped the flower and leaf images from the Embrace Life Stamp Set and colored in using Always Artichoke, Ruby Red and Bashful Blue. Then again, I sponged around the edge of the butterfly with Soft Suede classic ink and attached to the card using dimensionals.
Have a wonderful Monday...... tomorrow I will show you what my husband and I are doing in the yard today..... Yuck!!!

No comments: