Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Stencils


I never realized how much I would love the stencils for making cards. The ornament stencils were wonderful for Christmas and have just learned how funthe Folk Flowers stencil set is. This is the same as the Razzle Dazzle Stamp Set.
I can't believe how close I have come to Kimberly VanDiepen's type of card, but I stenciled the Folk Flower onto my Kraft cardstock using Close to Cocoa Ink. The using the En Francais background stamp set, I stamped that over the stenciled image. I tore the open edge of my card and the sponged around all edges, using the Cose fo Cocoa ink again. Then I cut a piece of Close to Cocoa cardstock, again I tore the edge and fitted it up agains the edge of my craft cardstock, leaving an open space to the card base.
I placed a piece of Stick Strip about 3/4" down the fold side of the card front, tore the red backing off, then using my Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon, I placed the edge on top of the edge and folded and smashed the ribbon onto the sticky strip all the way to the bottom. Then I tied a bow with the same ribbon and attached it towards the top using a mini glue dot. I sponged around the backside of the cardstock with the Close to Cocoa ink blending it in with the front piece. Then the last was stamping the Thank You stamp from page 144 onto the front of the card, again using the Close to Cocoa ink.
I love how the MonoChrome look appeals to me..... loving the antiquey look.

No comments: