Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I love the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper so much; it's so fun and cheerful and so many choices of colors, patterns. I'll be so sad when it's no longer available.
Anyway, some time back I made a box to hold 3X3 notecards that was so cute, I was thinking I had this really nice 4X4 card that we made at my last club and thought a box to hold four of them would be really cute. It wasn't hard to tweak the size of the box to fit the bigger cards.
The bottom of the box is an 8 1/2" square and scored at 2" all the way around. I cut tabs on each corner and using some sticky strip and snail I adhered the tabs to the sides all the way around.
The lid is a 5 5/8" square and scored at 1" all the way around. Again, you need to cut tabs on each corner, apply some sticky strip and adhesive and fold your lid together. Now you are ready to decorate any way you like. I used the Sweet Pea Designer Series papers and tied the lid down with the new 5/8" Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon that's in the new Occasions Mini Catalog. These ribbons are only available until April 30th, so if you want some, now is the time or order it. There are 9 different colors and it's so gorgeous and fun to work with.
For the cards I used the Fresh Cut Notes (111882 on page 168 in the 2009/2010 Idea book & Catalog). I stamped a 4X4 piece of chocolate chip cardstock using the Fresh Cuts stamp set and used Craft White Ink ( you have to let this dry for a while as it stays wet for a while). I also punched out a flower from the Three for You punch, pierced a hole in the center of that and the center of the flower in the Fresh Cut Notecard and inserted one of the new Chocolate Epoxy Brads from the Occasions Catalog. Using the Eyelet Border Punch, I punched the edge of the Fresh Cute Notecard, then ran the front of the card through my Big Shot with the new Perfect Polka Dots empressions folder. Then I adhered the stamped chocolate chip piece to the inside of the Notecard and tied a piece of 5/8" Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon around the card.
Isn't this so cute? What a fun gift for someone.

No comments: