Thursday, February 25, 2010

Another Attempt at the Shades of Spring DSP

I decided to try again with the Shades of Spring DSP using some brighter colors. I like it better, it's a different card, but I like the darker complementary colors.

On this card I used Handsome Hunter for the main card; I hardly EVER use this color, but it really complements the Orchid Opulence and Pale Plum colors; even the So Saffron and Crushed Curry. I was surprised; I would never have thought these would even go together.

This is pretty easy to follow, I laid down the Shades of Spring DSP and the So Saffron on the top. Then I punched some Crushed Curry and some Orchid Opulence with the new Scallop trim Border, layering them so you can see both colors peep out. I attached some 1/4" Eggplant grosgrain ribbon arund the top of the Crushed Curry. then I stamped the Friends stamp from Vintage Vogue on some Whisper White Cardstock and then again. I cut out one of the "F"s and attached it over the top of the other one using dimensionals. then this was attached to a piece of Handsome Hunter cardstock which was then attached to the card using dimensionals.

Have a Wonderful Friday

No comments: