Sunday, May 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to You

I purchased my BIG Bold Cupcakes Sizzlits dies (#114509) ages ago, but haven't found the right opportunity to use it yet. My grandaughter's BD was the other day so I thought I would use it for her card. It's actually a little grown up looking for her age, I know I could have made it more juvenile, but I didn't because I really wanted to use the Rockabilly Designer Series paper too. ha. The card turned out really cute, but I think it's better for an older child or adult. I used the Rockabilly Designer Series Paper (#114039) for the cupcake holder and outside the main image and also the part using the embossed looking cherries. Have you seen the shiny part of the DSP???? The red cherries, the stripes on the Kiwi Kiss stripes, the skulls, the crowns with the Kiwi Kiss, and the black paper with cherry outlines in black are all embossed!!!!! On the little "sprinkles" I put on some crystal effects and attached some of the pink duo beads. The greeting on the front is using my FAVORITE scallop edge punch (item #114889); but instead of using the Oval All stamp set(#113790) I chose a greeting from the On Your Birthday Stamp set (#111664)
On the inside I scalloped an edge using a strip of Riding Hood Red cardstock, then I took the small strip that is left behind after using the scallop edge punch and attached it to my whisper white cardstock giving it a little more texture and interest. Then I stamped the Cherry Image from the Tart and Tangy (#111514) Stamp set.




1 comment:

JulieA said...

That is really cute! I don't think it will be too grown up for her...everyone loves a cupcake after all! :-) I bet she loves it. You'll have to let us know.