Sunday, September 21, 2008

I have a really hard time coming up with my own ideas and usually rely on other people to copy from. I needed to come up with a birthday card for my grandson and although many of the Bugs and Kisses ideas were really cute, they just weren't what I was looking for, but in the process, I remembered my new grass stamp from "Inspired by Nature" and thought that would really be cute. So, I kind of just started there and WaLa..... this is what I came up with. I wouldn't want to do a lot of these cards at one time as I ended up cutting a lot. The caterpillar has lots of sharp points to cut but it wouldn't have looked right if I didn't cut into them. This was such a fun card to make. I've been wanting to do a "spiral" on the inside of a card since I saw it demonstrated at convention but I haven't had anything to try it with before now. The inside of this card has some of the same bugs, and some new ones, attached to the spirals.
Placing the cut-outs on the spirals are harder than you would think; though they did turn out really cute. I think I need some practice with this technique, what do you think???
I hope Alex likes this card. For me, a boy/masculine card is hard to visualize, having never been one of course.. LOL!
My husband thought this was cute, which is a HUGH compliment. :) Let me know what you think.
I played with my Big Shot last weekend and came up with lots of ideas for the TulipZ die that I want to show you tomorrow, as well as some of the other dies. The Big Shot is the most fun "toy" I've had in a VERY long time. If you don't already have it, you should really think about getting it and see all the fun ideas you can come up with. The more I play with it, the more dies I keep purchasing.....and tonight was no exception LOL.
Until tomorrow........ have a nice day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your card for your grandson. I think I am going to have to get the bugs stamps. The front of that card would be great for a swap