Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dry Embossed Square

I was watching one of Kristine Werner's videos and how she made this cute card. It is so basic, simple and CLEAN.
My card is 4 1/4 square, so I cut out 4 1/4 X 8 1/2 and folded in half. then I cut out another square from scraps 4 1/4 X 4 1/4. Then using a blade and a ruler, I cut a 3" square out of the middle. Using the outside piece, I placed it on top of my card front, turned it over and dry embossed the square using my stylus until the square was "sharp". When I turned the card over, I ended up with a square section. I didn't have any bashful blue taffeta ribbon so I made some. I cut out enough of the white ribbon to go around my card, then I used my bashful blue re-inker and put several drops in a small amount of water and dyed the ribbon. It dries really fast and you can even use your Heat Tool to help it along. I cut out a square of 2 1/2 X 2 1/2 Whisper White cardstock and stamped the butterfly from Flight of the Butterfly towards the top in bashful blue ink. Then using my Two Way Glue I put a dab on each flower in the butterfly and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds on. It is soo cute. Then I tied the "dyed" ribbon around the 2 1/2" square and adhered to the front of the embossed square on the card front. That's all there is to it. So simple and easy. Give it a try, it gives a really classy look to your cards.

No comments: