Sunday, January 11, 2009

Big Shot Basket

I have had so much fun playing with my big shot; I can't believe how easy it is to use. The Baskets and Blooms Bigz Die has not only the basket, but also several flowers and flower stems and a tag. The cool thing about the Bigz Dies is that you only have to cut what you want out the die. You just place your paper on the parts that you need so you don't waste a lot of paper in the process.

The amazing thing with the Big Shot is that you can cut from 50 different materials. I haven't put it together yet, but I cut this basket out from felt and am going to sew it together for a cute little girl purse. If you put (can't remember what it's called) the adhesive iron on material on the back of your material, you can iron on flowers and glue on accessories (rhinestones). There's just no end to what you can do.

This basket was cut using the Textured Bashful Blue Cardstock. then before I put it together, I punched circles out of the handle using my Cropadile. Then on the bottom I dry embossed circles, also using my Cropadile.

The tag was made using the Build A Flower Bigz Die. There are two flowers, one is adhered to the other and then attached to a 1 3/4" circle punched with the new punch from the Fall/Winter catalog. The tag is tied onto the handle through one of the holes with 1/2" Real Red striped grosgrain ribbon. I also stamped the "I heart U" stamp from "A Happy Heart" onto Whisper White cardstock and cut around it and adhered it to the front of the flowers on the tag.

If you aren't aware, the Holiday Mini Catalog will expire on 1-18-09. There are two Valentines sets in this catalog that may not be available again; one of these being the "A Happy Heart" that I used the saying from. Check it out and let me know if you want anything from this catalog before the 18th!!

Happy Stamping!!!

No comments: