Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another Big Shot Card

I needed to make a Thank You card for my aunt, and again decided to use my Big Shot. First of all, I adhered some Bella Rose DSP to the Riding Hood Red cardstock used as the base of my card. Then I took scraps of Riding Hood Red and punched a pattern using a Non-Stamping stamp along the edges, then adhered those to another piece of Bella Rose DSP and adhered to the front of the card. Next, using my BIG SHOT and the Sizzlits Die, Swirls Scribbles, I cut out three pieces in Close to Cocoa. I took the big section after the "pieces" were removed and cut around the "negative" with my snips making the main pattern on the left. Then I took the largest two pieces that I had previously removed and adhered them next to the bigger piece and then I used two of the small swirls and came on around the top. Then using the Birds & Blooms large flower Sizzlit die, I punched out the largest flower from Riding Hood Red cardstock. Using the Birds and Blooms Flower Pieces Sizzlit die, I cut out the largest flower from that in Pirouette Pink cardstock, the smaller flower in Regal Rose cardstock and the two leaves in garden green cardstock. I folded the leaves length-wise in half and ran them through my crimper to give them some dimension. I punched a small hole in the center of the three flowers and inserted a medium pink rhinestone brad from the Fire Circles set and adhered on top of the "scribbles" pieces with a Mini Glue Dot. I attached the leaves under the flower edges, also using a mini glue dot. On the right side of the card, I stamped the Thank You using my "Wow Flowers" stamp set using Riding Hood Red ink. Then I punched out a small flower with my "Three for You" punch and inserted a "small" pink rhinestone brad from the Fire Circles set.
I think it came out really cute and different. I'm loving all the 3-D effects the BIG SHOT gives you.

1 comment:

JulieA said...

This is beautiful! Great job, Janet. I'm sure she will love it. You did a fabulous job!