Thursday, January 15, 2009

Birthday Card

My Father-in-Law is going to think I'm nuts!!!! For his Birthday, I made this card, LOL.
I adhered several layers of cardstock onto the Night of Navy card base. I used Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, then added a piece of Jersey Shore DSP (retired). Before I actually adhered the top three layers, I tied Night of Navy 1/4" grosgrain ribbon around it about 2/3 down from the top. Then I cut two small pieces of 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (Night of Navy and More Mustard) and tied the two small pieces next to the original knot.
Using the "Sock Monkey" stamp set, I stamped three monkeys on watercolor paper using black StazOn ink (so it wouldn't run when I watercolored it). Then I stamped three hats on the water color paper. Using my "Aquapainter", I then colored in the monkey using Close to Cocoa for the monkey and Real Red for his mouth. Then I colored in the hats and alternated the colors for one of the hats. I used Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Night of Navy Classic Ink Pads. I used my 1 1/4" Circle punch to punch out the monkeys, then the 1 3/8" Circle punch to cut out three Night of Navy circles. I adhered the two circles together, then onto the card front evenly across. I cut out the hats using my snips and attached to the top of the money, then punched out three small circles using my 1/4" circle punch for the tops of the hats. I stamped the BIG Celebrate from the Celebrate Everything stamp set underneath the ribbon.
We'll see what he says when he gets it!! LOL

2 comments:

JulieA said...

Very cute! I'm sure he'll think you did a great job. :-)

kareN stampZ said...

this is so cute - thanks for dropping by my blog I think your upside down flowers are just gorgeous - lucky you get texturising plates & the big shot - 2 1/2 months to our new IB+C so who knows what we'll get - love your wee dogs they look sweet too