Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Birthdays, Weddings and Such

I made a number of cards last week for birthdays, weddings, sympathy, etc. and was so excited that I actually made them in time for the events that I forgot to take pictures to show you. I needed to make some swap cards for tomorrow night, made the mistake of asking my DH which ones he liked the best and he chose the one that (unknowingly) took the most time. Thank goodness I only had to make 11 because even those 11 took me about 5 hours tonight... nothing like waiting to the last minute, huh?
I talked with one of my customers on Saturday and she has already finalized her New Years Eve party.....I can't even imagine planning that far in advance since my life is usually fly by the pants and do what you can as quickly as possible :) Maybe you have already noticed that about me. LOL
I thought I would show you my swap card which I originally made for a wedding and totally copied from someone, but I think it's gorgeous.
I used the Shimmering White cardstock with the brushed silver. Then I took the Baja Breeze cardstock and scored it first down the diagonal from the center then 3/4" each direction from there and again turning it around. At each "intersection" of scoring, I put a drop of crystal effects and dipped in silver glitter. I punched out a 1 1/4" circle of Brushed silver and attached three flowers from the Embrace Life Stamp set. I tied the white taffeta ribbon around the card stock. At the bottom, I stamped the Define Your Life "Perfect" stamp on Shimmery white CS and attached to the Brushed Silver and cut around with scissors for a border. In real life this is really a gorgeous card.
Also, keep in touch with my stampin' Up website and/or my blog because Stampin Up has announced they are having an Extravaganza sale between 11-26-08 and 12-1-08 (ONLY 4 DAYS)

No comments: