Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Another Kwerner Challenge

The colors Kristina chose for this week go together really well and all I could think of was Fall and Thanksgiving. I used Lovely as a Tree Stampin' Up stamp set to stamp the Oak Leaves on the So Saffron cardstock, then I colored them in using So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie and a little Close to Cocoa classic ink pads with the aqua painter. The Big Tree in the center I also watercolored with the Aqua Painter using the same colors as the leaves. then I roughed up all the edges with the distresser tool making the card a little more masculine and out-doorsey. I wrapped the Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon three times around the card and adhered them to the back of the So Saffron cardstock. After I was done, I thought it looked a little plain, so I inked up my main tree image in VersaMark and stamped it on the tree again and embossed with clear embossing powder. I tried to get a picture of how the versamark looks, but it's much prettier in real life. The "Happy Thanksgiving" is also stamped using the VersaMark, then stamped into the Elegant Eggplant and embossed with clear embossing powder. To help tie in the colors, I spritzed on some Elegant Eggplant ink using the stampin write marker.













5 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a cool fall card!

Leonie said...

Oh, so pretty

Dori Shelton said...

Very elegant card!

Becky said...

OMGoodness! Fabulous! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I'm amazed at all the coloring you did, but it was well worth the effort!