Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Watering Can



Did any of you see the really cute little Watering Can that was on Splitcoast Stampers today? It was the tutorial for this week and I HAD to make a couple. I have a very special friend that I made this first one for... I was ready to fill the cellophane bag with chocolates to put inside; then I remembered she is allergic to dairy products..... so I searched around and found some really fun fruit flavored suckers, so I put several of those in the bag..... not as much fun, but better for her. I used my Daisy Die and my Big Shot and punched out lots of flowers, then attached them all together alternately layering the petals and then used a Build-a-Brad in the center with a flower punched out of the Designer Series Paper for the center. I attached that with a Pop-Up glue dot; tied a satin white ribbon on the opposite side of the handle and wah-la. I think it's absolutely darling.

This is actually the first one I made just to try out the project. It's cute as well, but not the look I wanted for my gift. The only embellishment I put on this was the White Satin Bow..... it's cute even without a lot of bling.
This is a big enough pocket to hold any number of small gifts and what cute packaging for that gift.
If you want to try this for yourself, go the Splitcoast Stampers and click on the tutorial for this week. The template for the can and all the pieces are there for you to print onto your paper of choice. Take a look at the gallery of other watering cans; they are all fabulous.
Happy Stamping!!!!!

1 comment:

JulieA said...

Very cute! Love your flower on the first one!!!!