Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I've been "BOO'd"

The other night the dogs were going crazy by the front door, so I went to check it out and saw that I'd been BOO'd. There was a cute halloween sack on my doorstep with candy in it, YUM!! some of my most favorites were in there. The instructions inside the sack said that I needed to copy the poem and the BOO signs and return the fun to three more of my neighbors. Since I make cards, I don't buy cards..... I couldn't very well go buy sacks to put on someone else's doorstep, so I remembered all the cute Frankensteins, Mummy, Witches and Draculas and decided I would change the size a bit and make Frankenstein sacks. I used a small lunch bag and cut it down to 6". Then I cut my Old Olive cardstock to fit on the front and back, so I think it measured 5 1/4 X 6". Then I cut a piece of Lovely Lilac to fit the top of the sack for his hair and hand cut the hair in jagged pieces. The eyes are made using the 1 3/8" circle punch and the 1" circle punch. The eyelids and nose were also made using the 1 3/8" circle punch. I drew the mouth and scar with my black marker and wrote BOO on the hair. Now I'm ready to deliver to a friendly neighbor tonight.

No comments: