Sunday, July 13, 2008

I gave my club members a challenge to use this "layout", to make a card and bring to class to show everyone and win a prize for the best card. So, since I asked them to do it, I also made one using my ideas. This was so much fun because I used a brand new stamp set that, as a demonstrator, was able to pre-order before the new catalog is out for everyone else. The paper I used are three of the new in-colors; Tangerine Tango for the main card base, Kiwi Kiss for the next layered section, Baja Breeze for the diamond shape, then of course Whisper White to stamp the flower pot. I then used my Pure Color Pencils to color the image. Then I stamped the image again and cut out the bird and the butterfly and attached those for a 3-D effect with a dimensional. The rectangular stamped image is also attached using dimensionals. Notice the scalloped edge on the card? That is using the new scallop punch that is soooo easy to use; way easier than using the corner rounder or slit punches. The camera didn't capture the really vibrant colors like I would have liked and who would have thought these colors would all go together so well.

No comments: