Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I think the cards made from the Bloomin' Beautiful Portfolio are so pretty, I decided to make one of the cards for Mothers Day. The only change I made to the original card was to change the words to "Happy Mothers Day". I think they turned out really well, the flower is so soft looking. Don't you absolutely love the "Afternoon Tea" designer series paper? It was colored using Blush Blossom with a blender pen, then highlighted with Groovy Guava. A second flower was cut out and attached with dimensionals, then another section of flower was cut out and added on top with another dimensional. It's such a pretty 3-D effect.
This second card was made for a little boy's birthday. It was a fast and easy fun card to make. i used the Petals wheel across the main cardstock. The bird from "A Little Birdie Told Me" was stamped on Confetti White Cardstock and the hat was stamped on scrap paper and cut out and attached with our new Tombo glue. The circle stamps from "Petals and Paisley" were stamped in Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery and Soft Sky and punch out with the 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8" and scallop circle punches. Some circles were attached directly to the card and others up on dimensionals.



I absolutely LOVE the new Carousel Notes from the Ocassions Mini Catalog. I'm sooooo hoping they will be in the new Fall Idea Book & Catalog. I was making a Get Well Card for a friend who just had surgery and liked the card so well, I decided to use it for my next Club night. Since there are three different colors in the set, I needed to come up with a different color combination as well. I have to say I like it just as much as the first one. Why don't you email me which one you like the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool cards Janet! Glad to see some of your awesome creations on your blog! They are great!