Sunday, January 20, 2008

I've had a lazy but productive weekend. I've been in my pajamas stamping more than I've been dressed!! I needed to make some thank you cards (a little late for Christmas) and cased a card my upline had given to me. I think it's gorgeous, but I think you have to see it in real life to really appreciate it. I've also included a side view trying to pick up the sparkle of the irridescent Ice I used on the tree.








I also put together my cards for the January clubs. I think they are really cute and I LOVE the "rub ons". The ones I made are entirely rub ons, but I need to put together some others that have rub ons on and around stamped images... maybe this afternoon. The Sell-A-Bration catalog has rub ons that come 4 sheets to a package instead of the 2 sheets out of the Idea Book. The four sheets are the same, but in Black, White, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip.
The next two are others we will be making for January.


I love the sparkle from th Irridescent Ice on the flower and butterfly from the Time Well Spent Level 3 Hostess set and obviously can't get enough of the Elephant from the Happy Heart Set, which is also on special only for the month of January. I saw from another demonstrator that has the same love of the elephant that she actually named her Elsie. So I guess from now on that's what I'll call her because I can't seem to justice with Suzie or Gloria or something LOL.

Our demonstrator group gets together occassionally for a shoebox swap to get ideas on new stamp sets or holidays, etc. We are doing a shoebox swap this week using Sell-A-Bration sets. The one I used was Merci and this is what I came up with. Sometimes I actually shock myself and come up with something on my own. I actually think it came out pretty good. This is called a "tent card" and I used lots of designer paper from the Ginger Blossom package and used the new Duo-Green beads which come as a set with green micro beads and small beads you can string. I have some fun ideas to do with the stringing beads that I will put together to show you. WOW, another idea from my own thoughts... wonders will never cease!!! Let me know if you like this card.
The showbox swap is like preparing for a workshop. We prepare, cut out papers, etc. and package into individual sets for each attendee. We then (in this case) have 2-1/2 hours to make 14 cards (one from each participant). It is really so much fun. After I come back from the Shoebox Swap next Thursday, I'll post some of the other cards we made.


I think it's time to get dressed and look like I'm alive, then I can start putting together some other ideas I have and share with you.

No comments: