Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Fathers Day



I know, it's way to early for Fathers Day..... but I was trying to come up with a card for Kristina Werner's color challenge using Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango and Whisper White using one of the new stamp sets from the Occasions Mini Catalog and this is what evolved. After looking at some of the other cards posted, they were all pretty elegant looking and I didn't see anything comical; so I think I will try that challenge again later.

On this card, I used all of the above colors.... wanted to use some corderoy buttons, but don't have any yet so I substituted a couple of chocolate chip jumbo brads that are new this year. The card looks pretty stark..... needs something more, but couldn't think of anything more. I stamped the image on scrap paper and cut out the hat and golf ball and adhered them on the original image making them stand out and give some dimension to the card.

No comments: