Sunday, March 1, 2009

Another Kristina Werner Challenge #43





Since I had so much time to participate, I decided to try one more entry. On this one, I used my Texturz plate on the basic card front. I stamped the blossoms from the two step Botanical Blooms (Sale-A-Bration 2009) set in basic black, then stamped the second image in Ruby Red on the blossoms. I also stamped the leaf outline in basic black, then re-stamped the second image to color them in in Old Olive. I strayed outside the parameters and used some Chrystal Effects in the center of the blossoms and added some pink beads from the Bead Duos set. I adhered the piece with the flowers onto some Brocade Blue cardstock. Then using our new Eyelet Border Punch, I punched out strips in Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red and Old Olive and adhered all of them on top of each other, then on the back of the blossom piece. I took the 5/8" Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain ribbon, found a thread in the center and pulled to smock the ribbon. Then I attached the ribbon to the back of the blossom piece and attached the whole piece to the main card front using dimensionals. It's a little different, but I think it turned out pretty cute too.

1 comment:

Butternut Sage Designs said...

ribbon is gorgeous...I love what you did with it!~Donna