Monday, April 25, 2011

LOVE the colors



I was looking at some of the new Designer Series Paper in the Summer Catalog called Beyond the Garden. The colors in the paper are the ones shown in the New Color Coach (Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point and Tangerine Tango).
The photo of the cards just doesn't do them justice; they are sooooo gorgeous together. I wanted to make a card using ALL OF THE COLORS, but that's for another day.











I did use some of the paper and some other new items from the Summer Mini Catalog to make this card.
Again this photo of the card doesn't do the colors justice; the base of this card is Tangerine Tango... one of my most favorite colors of all the Stampin' UP! colors. The first thing I did was to stamp one of the flower images from the new Fabulous Florets stamp set randomly all over the front using my VersaMark stamp pad, so basically, they are watercolor marks. I punched the edge of the card with the Scallop Edge Punch, then using the NEW Flower Garden embossing folder, ran the card front through the Big Shot imprinting this new fabulous image.

I stamped the leaf image on Whisper White cardstock in Wild Wasabi and attached the cardstock to a piece of the new Beyond the Garden DSP and attached them to the front of the card. I also ran a sheet of Tangerine Tango through the Big Shot and used the Square Lattice embossing folder, cut the paper into thin strips, then attached a strip to the edge of the Whisper white cardstock to give the card a little more dimension. Using some Whisper White scraps, I stamped another of the flower images in VersaMark then applied some NEW Tangerine Tango embossing powder to the image and heat embossed it. I stamped two images then cut them out, and attached them together using a dimensional. I also used my Aqua Painter and applied some Daffodil Delight classic ink in the center of the top flower and little dabs of Tangerine Tango classic ink from the center out toward the end of the petals. Lastly, I applied some Smooch pearlized top coat on the petals to give them some shine. I attached the flower to the card with another dimensional, then tied some 3/8 Whisper White Taffeta ribbon around the card for the finishing touch.



Here is a closer view of the flower showing how shiny it is with the Smooch top coat.

What the card doesn't show you is what I put on the inside. I used a 1" strip of the same Designer Series Paper on the edge of the inside so it shows underneath the scallop edge when the card is closed. I also corner rounded the inside corners to go along with the scalloped front.


The card turned out pretty amazing. I made it for a swap I'm in this month.


Have a wonderful Day!!!




No comments: