Saturday, May 9, 2009

Kristina Werner Challenge #51




So, Kristina Werner is having her 51st color challenge; I'm getting so hooked on doing these, it's fun to see what everyone comes up with. OK, I tried many ways to include Rose Red into this combination, and finally came up with JUST the butterfly being this color. I think rather than trying to include too much of that color, just this little bit was genious (LOL). I used the fun Good Morning Sunshine Designer Series Paper mounted onto Chocolate Chip cardstock. Using the Horizontal Slot Punch, I created a very small slit at the card fold to pull the 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon through and tie in a knot. Then I stamped the hedgehog from the Fun and Fast Notes stamp set and colored him in using the watercolor crayons. I layered this piece onto more mustard and then colored the butterfly with the Rose Red marker.

4 comments:

JulieA said...

Very cute, Janet! Yes, the little bit of red is really fun.

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

That is a brilliant use of such a strong colour!

Anonymous said...

cute cute cute Janet! love it lots ~Donna

Chrystal said...

Love it Love it Love it!!!